We gather to celebrate the Eucharist and our lives as LGBTQI Catholics each Sunday at St. Stephen's Church at 419 Shawmut Avenue, in Boston's south end at 5 pm.
Following liturgy, we have a coffee hour in the church hall to socialize.
We also hold special liturgies for the Christmas and Easter seasons.
How We Celebrate Liturgy
- Liturgy at Dignity Boston will be familiar to Catholics, with some differences
- We use inclusive language.
- Lay women and men frequently preside and preach.
- Easter, Pentecost, Pride and other major feasts are co-presided by lay and ordained leaders.
- We often use liturgical dance as part of our worship.
- Our liturgies are infused with the theology of our lived experiences as LGBTQI persons and our allies.
- We participate annually with other LGBTQI people of faith in the Pride Interfaith Liturgy.
- We collect funds monthly in our community to support diverse causes, including support for refugees and migrants, urban anti-violence efforts, transgender rights and protections, health for homeless individuals and many others.